Sunday, March 13, 2011

What I will be doing for spring break:

1. Going to IKEA in Cincinnati with my friend who used to look like Wheezy Waiter.

2. Stalking professors' CVs online so I can narrow down where I will apply to graduate school in the fall. Seriously, a professor's CV not only includes academic history but usually some personal information too. So I feel like a fucking stalker when doing this, but I have to remind myself that this is normal for prospective grad students.

My current, not narrowed-down list, from closest to Indianapolis to farthest, with my current preference rank in parenthesis:

Indiana University Bloomington (IUB) (-3573922613)

Washington University St. Louis (1!!!!!!)

University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (6)

University of Michigan Ann Arbor (4)

Ohio State (5)

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2)

Harvard (LOL)

Stanford (3)

London School of Economics (not-a-chance)

Apologies in advance, I'll probably be talking about graduate school a lot for a while. I'm already losing sleep over it because I am TERRIFIED I'm not doing enough or doing well enough to make it into any of these schools other than IUB (I'm at IUPUI right now, one of IUB's sister schools). My advisor is convinced I can make it into Chapel Hill, and the fact that two of my professors that I am close to did their Ph.D there will help.

3. Attempting to adjust to the time change.

4. Writing something like 3 papers.

Wooo this break will be a blast.

1 comment:

  1. AH THE STRESS! I hope you will get into your first pick! And I would be so happy if you got into Harvard. Please do.

    ReplyDelete